IOWA POULTRY QUEEN
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 4-H or a FFA member who participates in the Poultry events at Fair
- Females ages 16-21
- Desire to share your knowledge of the poultry industry with others
- Serves from February to February
- Represent the Iowa Poultry Association and the Iowa Egg Council
- Attend the county fairs in your area. Past queens have attended from 5 to 20 fairs in a year. Represent your industry and share your knowledge with the community.
- Speak at events approved by the board/ council. (ex: Green Eggs and Ham at the Capital, Kid Fest)
- Be present for the Iowa State Fair poultry shows.
- Attend other related, poultry and egg sponsored events at the Iowa State fair.
- Egg Rolling contest
- Help hand out egg on a stick for the Iowa Egg Council
- Egg decorating contest
- Egg/poultry events at the Ellwell Food Center
- Chicken calling contest and rubber chicken throwing contest at Pioneer Hall
- May is National Egg Month
- June 3rd is National Egg Day
RESUME, ESSAY, & PHOTOS
- Received by DATE TBA
- Resume about yourself and your participation in the poultry events
- Essay about the Iowa Poultry Industry
- Two 4×6 photos of yourself
- Crown and sash
- A parking pass during the poultry events at the state fair, and passes for those days of the fair
Kambrea Davies, Iowa Poultry Queen
2294 Xavier Place
Clarinda, Iowa 51632