2018 BUCHANAN COUNTY FAIR QUEEN SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Who are we looking for?
- Female's age 16- 21 (on or by Aug 13th 2018)
- Member of Buchanan County, either by school, home address, or 4H/FFA group
- Charismatic, enthusiastic, and influential role model who represents the values of Buchanan County and leaves a positive impact on those around them
How to enter?
- Send a cover letter by June 24th (preferable earlier) detailing who you are and why you want to become the Buchanan County Fair Queen
- Send a resume detailing your involvement in Buchanan County, including (but not limited to) school, extra-curricular activities, church, or volunteer experience
Judging day: Sunday, July 1st 2018 at 3:00pm
- Arrive in business professional attire.
- Bring a formal dress.
- Formal, sit down, meal
- 10 minute individual interview
- 30 minute group interview
- Formal pictures
- Meet other girls from our county and enjoy a fun afternoon!
- Winners will be crowned at fair on Thursday, July 5th at 5:00pm
- Queen receives a $500 scholarship award
- Queen will represent Buchanan County at the Iowa State Fair
- Queen is asked to be present the entirety of county fair
- Princess receives a $250 scholarship award.
Other activities for candidates
- July 4th Independence Day Parade
- Pie baking for pie auction
- Little princess meet and greet
- Iowa State Fair Queen meet and greet
Submit Cover Letter & Resume to:
Ali Happel, Buchanan County Fair Queen Chairmam
3215 X Ave
Fairbank IA 50629
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org