2019 BUCHANAN COUNTY FAIR QUEEN AND SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Who are we looking for?
· Females ages 16-21
· Member of Buchanan County, either by school, home address, or 4H/FFA group
· Charismatic, enthusiastic, and influential role model who represents the values of Buchanan County and leaves a positive impact on those around them
Send Cover letter and resume by June 9th 2019
· Cover letter about who you are and why you want to become the Buchanan County Fair Queen
· Resume detailing involvement in Buchanan County including school, extra-curricular activities, church, volunteer experiences, etc.
Send documents to Amanda Riniker at email@example.com (preferably PDF format). Please reach out with any questions!
Judging Day: Sunday, June 23rd 2019
· Farmer’s State Bank Jesup, IA at 3pm
· Arrive in business professional attire, bring a formal dress
· Formal sit down meal
· Service opportunity
· 10-minute individual interview, 30-minute group interview
· Professional photography
· Get to know other girls from around the county and enjoy a fun afternoon!
· Coronation at the Buchanan County Fair on Tuesday, July 2nd
· Queen will receive a $500 scholarship
· Queen will be asked to be present during the whole week of the fair
· Queen will represent Buchanan County at the Iowa State Fair Queen Competition
· 1st runner up will receive a $250 scholarship
· 4th of July Independence Day Parade
· Pie baking for the pie auction at the fair
· Little princess social meet and greet
· Iowa State Fair Queen meet and greet
Buchanan County Fair Queen Coordinator