Who are we looking for?
- Females ages 16-21 on or by August 13, 2020
- Member of Buchanan County, either by school, home address, or 4H/FFA group
- Charismatic, enthusiastic, and influential role model who represents the values of Buchanan County and leaves a positive impact on those around them
Send Cover letter and resume by June 15, 2020
- Cover letter about who you are and why you want to become the Buchanan County Fair Queen
- Resume detailing involvement in Buchanan County including school, extra-curricular activities, church, volunteer experiences, etc.
Judging Day: Sunday, June 28th, 2020
- Farmers State Bank, Jesup, IA at 2pm
- Arrive in business professional attire, bring a formal dress
- Formal sit-down meal
- Service opportunity
- 10-minute individual interview, 30-minute group interview
- Professional photography
- Get to know other girls from around the county and enjoy a fun afternoon!
- Coronation at the Buchanan County Fair on Thursday, July 9th
- Queen will receive a $500 scholarship
- Queen will be asked to be present during the whole week of the fair
- Queen will represent Buchanan County at the Iowa State Fair Queen Competition
- 1st runner up will receive a $250 scholarship
- 4th of July Independence Day Parade
- Pie baking for the pie auction at the fair
- Little princess social meet and greet
- Iowa State Fair Queen meet and greet